View Common Definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
Organizational Location: This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Office of Acquisition Management, Washington, DC.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
Note: One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement. Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
- As a Contract Specialist (Senior) you will perform the following duties:
- Schedules work priorities and sets deadlines for work completion based on workforce availability, workload, and productivity analysis, defines technical work requirements, develops and revises tactical and strategic plans as needed.
- Serves as chief negotiator and team lead planning negotiation strategy to ensure attainment of goals and arriving at an agreement in the best interests of the Government in technical and cost areas.
- Analyze and evaluate contracting matters; initiation, development, and recommendation of contracting policies, procedures, guidance, and control for subordinate contracting activities within the Department.
- Serves as contract advisor to program officials in procurement planning meetings, advising program officials of the procurement objectives to be used and assisting in the preparation of statements of work.
- Could be called upon to act in the absence of the section chief
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551098700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.