PLEASE NOTE: Based on the current hiring restrictions, selectees may be subject to additional approvals prior to an offer being extended.
Serves as an IT Specialist in the Office of Deputy Commissioner, (Finance and Administration), Information and Security Services, division as assigned, branch as assigned. Incumbent is responsible for providing specialized and technical IT services within the areas of systems development and computer programming.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Participate independently or as a member of a team in IT application development projects. The work involves supervised programming, unit testing, documentation, implementation, evaluation, and disposition.
- Conduct problem resolution during application programming, testing, and post implementation production. Discuss problems with Lead IT Specialists, Management, and Staff as appropriate. Recommend solutions to existing and identified problems, and ensures problems are resolved in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participate in reviewing current and proposed IT legislation, directives, regulations, and guidance and makes recommendations on proper systems development, security and performance areas, and determines the impact of changes to existing systems.
- Ensure security controls are incorporated in the system development; contribute information and documentation for Security Plans.
- Develop and execute structured test and implementation plans for complex developmental and maintenance projects.
Occasional travel - 1-5 times per year
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550989600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.