The Program Management Branch is responsible for providing technical support to customers who need advice, assistance, and training in applying hardware and software systems. The branch is responsible for client system maintenance, information technology equipment and software inventory, and supporting, installing, repairing, and configuring the client side of information technology (IT) systems at the FEC.Learn more about this agency
As the Supervisory IT Program Manager (Policy Planning/Customer Support) in this position, you will:
- Provide the identification of resources, scheduling, technical coordination, liaison with contractors, and overall program management support for completion of specific goals and objectives of individual short-term and established on-going programs.
- Perform a variety of special assignments, in long-range planning and evaluating groups to develop findings and results, to determine the course of current, new, and future information in processing and information management methods and standards.
- Provide highly technical advice and assistance to information users, including programmers, systems analysts, monitors, operators, vendors, functional specialists, and managers in the resolution of unique or unprecedented software problems.
- Recommend actions pertaining to new hardware and software involving information processing operational developments that will enhance the information processing and information management posture of the Federal Election Commission.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. citizen or national.
- You must be able to pass a background investigation.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see Legal and regulatory guidance below).
- You may be required to serve a 2 year probationary period.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- You must meet eligibility and qualification requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
- Status candidates must meet time-in-grade/band requirements (52 weeks at the next lower grade).
QualificationsIn order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
Have one full year of specialized experience serving as a senior IT specialist in policy planning and customer support and demonstrates each of the following competencies: attention to detail, customer service, oral communication, and problem solving. This must include activities such as: (1) Understanding and providing recommendations for Office 365 design, implementation, and administration. (2) Evaluating the latest in hardware and software technologies to effectively conduct proof of concepts, testing, and implementation. (3) Providing leadership in strategic planning for organizational activities. (4) Developing and maintaining IT data security guidelines, procedures and policy. This experience must be comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service (obtained either in private or public sectors).
In addition, you must provide a cover letter describing your experience with the competencies identified below:
Program Quality Management - Effectively monitor, manage and provide leadership for branch activities focusing on improving a program's quality of multiple projects by providing strategic guidance to project managers.
Client System Maintenance -Knowledge of enterprise and client-level software applications and various hardware technologies to effectively serve as the source of technical expertise.
Client System Maintenance -Knowledge of enterprise and client-level software applications and various hardware technologies to effectively serve as the source of technical expertise.
Customer Service-Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
Problem Solving-Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Leadership-Influences, motivates, and challenges others; adapts leadership styles to a variety of situations.
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website.
Part-time or unpaid experience: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
Volunteer or unpaid experience: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no education subsituation at this grade level.
FEC offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package, including: health, dental, vision, life, and long-term care insurance; retirement plan; Thrift Savings Plan [similar to a 401(k)]; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; personal leave days; and paid federal holidays. Other benefits may include: flexible work schedules; telework; or transportation subsidies.
If you receive a tentative offer of employment for this position, you will be required to complete an Optional Form 306, Declaration for Federal Employment, and to sign and certify the accuracy of all information in your application, prior to entry on duty. False statements on any part of the application may result in withdrawal of offer of employment, dismissal after beginning work, fine, or imprisonment.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
Noncompetitive Appointment Authorities: The following links contain information on the eligibility requirements to be considered under a noncompetitive appointing authority:
Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans
Special Hiring Authority for Certain Military Spouses
Other Special Appointment Authorities
Additional selections may be made from this announcement.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement closes, we will conduct a review of your application package to verify your eligibility and qualifications. If you are found qualified, your application will move forward to additional phases of the review process which will determine the best qualified candidates. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You will be evaluated on the following competencies:
- Program Quality Management
- Client System Maintenance
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
Category Rating: Your application will be evaluated and rated under Category Rating selection procedures. Once the application process is complete, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this position. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your category rating may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities, or you may be rated ineligible. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The quality categories are:
Best Qualified: Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for this position.
Highly Qualified: Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for this position.
Qualified: Candidates in this category meet the minimum education and/or experience requirements for this position.
The Category Rating Process does not add veteran's preference points, but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligible who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except for scientific or professional positions at the GS-09 level or higher).
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your Resume listing hours worked per week, dates of employment (month/year) and duties performed for each position held.
- Cover Letter which addresses the competencies identified in the Qualifications section above. Please limit your cover letter to 2 pages. If you do not provide a cover letter you can be found ineligible for the position.
- Other supporting documents if applicable:Veterans documents (if claiming preference, or applying under VEOA or 30% disabled veteran eligibility): DD-214 including character of service, or certification of expected discharge or release from active duty under honorable conditions within 120 days, and if applicable, SF-15 Form, VA letter, or other documentation required by that form.
- All Veterans: DD-214 (Member 4 copy is preferred), which includes character of service, or for Active Duty Service Members a certification which includes service dates, type of separation, and character of service.
- Disabled Veterans: VA Disability Letter (with percentage of disability) OR document of disability determination from a branch of the armed forces which reflects a compensable service-connected disability rating.
- Derived Preference: The spouse, widow/widower, or mother of a veteran may be eligible to claim veterans' preference when the veteran is unable to use it. To do so, you must submit an SF-15 and the documentation required by that form.
- Active Duty Service Members: The VOW Act Chapter 21 of Title 5, United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 2108a, requires Federal agencies treat active duty service member as veterans, disabled veterans, and preference eligible, when they submit, at the time they apply for a Federal job, a "certification" of active service in lieu of a DD214, assuming the service member is otherwise eligible. A "certification" letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. The service member's military service dates are necessary in order to determine whether he or she meets the definition of "veteran" under 5 U.S.C. 2108(1). The "certification" must reflect the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date of submission. The "certification" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Further, under paragraph (h) of the rule, agencies are required to verify a qualifying separation from military service prior to appointment, through the DD214 or other appropriate documentation. Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Active duty members that fail to provide a valid "certification" of service with their initial application will be found "not eligible." Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
- SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action (if applying as a current or former Federal Employee) showing you hold/held a career/career-conditional appointment and the highest grade or promotion potential held.
- Certain Family Members of Overseas Employees Eligible under E.O. 12721: Your most recent non-award SF-50 and performance appraisal.
- Certain Military Spouses Eligible under E.O. 13473: Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders, issued within the last 2 years, that lists you as authorized to accompany the Military member to the new duty permanent station; OR verification of the member's 100% disability (VA Letter); and/or verification of the member's death while on active duty (DD-1300 and Death Certificate) AND verification of the marriage to the service member (i.e., a marriage license or other legal documentation verifying marriage).
- Peace Corps volunteers and VISTA members: submit a copy of your description of service or other proof of non-competitive eligibility. If you are a former Peace Corps volunteer or VISTA member who is requesting an extension of your non-competitive eligibility, please also provide the necessary documentation to support your request.
- Schedule A, Persons with Disabilities Appointment Eligibles: Schedule A letter from a physician, local, state or federal rehabilitation or benefits office citing disability - eligibility under 5 CFR 213.3102 (u).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 11/21/2019 to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply Online. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account or you may need to create a new account.
You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and submit the application. You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the More Information link for this position. The Application Status page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and your responses submitted to the online application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
Agency contact information
AddressFederal Election Commission
Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO)
1050 First Street, NE
Washington, DC 20463
Once your complete application is received, we will conduct an evaluation of your qualifications. Additional phases of the review process will determine the best qualified candidates, and whether or not your application is referred to the selecting official. You will be contacted directly if further evaluation or an interview is required. You will receive notifications by email about the status of your application throughout this process.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550961900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.