The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO) DIVISION? The IRS Chief Financial Officer (CFO) organization is responsible for the custodial accounting of over $3.3 trillion in taxpayer payments, as well as for managing the IRS' $10+ Billion annual operating budget. In addition, the CFO advises the IRS Commissioner and other top executives on issues dealing with financial management, financial systems, strategic planning, performance management, budget formulation, budget execution, and internal controls.
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST DO? As a Management and Program Analyst you will serve as a staff analyst, evaluator, and advisor to management. In this position, you will be responsible for planning, analyzing, evaluating, and/or improving the effectiveness of administrative operations and/or operating programs.
As a Management and Program Analyst you will:
- Develop and interpret guidance on program planning, execution, and evaluation.
- Prepare directives, issuances, memoranda, policy statements, legislative proposals, and other written guidelines to introduce new initiatives.
- Recommend effective operations consistent with policies and objectives.
- Develop long-range program plans, goals, objectives, and milestones.
- Identify ways to resolve or address issues which directly affect the accomplishment of principal program goals and objectives.
- Research new or improved business and management practices for application to operating and administrative programs.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 TO 5 NIGHTS PER MONTH
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550943000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.