WHAT IS THE CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO) DIVISION? The IRS Chief Financial Officer (CFO) organization is responsible for the custodial accounting of over $3.3 trillion in taxpayer payments, as well as for managing the IRS' $10+ Billion annual operating budget.
See “Other Information” for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST DO? As a Management and Program Analyst you will serve as a staff analyst, evaluator, and advisor to management. In this position, you will be responsible for planning, analyzing, evaluating, and/or improving the effectiveness of administrative operations and/or operating programs.
As a Management and Program Analyst you will:
- Develop and interpret guidance on program planning, execution, and evaluation.
- Prepare directives, issuances, memoranda, policy statements, legislative proposals, and other written guidelines to introduce new initiatives.
- Recommend effective operations consistent with policies and objectives.
- Develop long-range program plans, goals, objectives, and milestones.
- Identify ways to resolve or address issues which directly affect the accomplishment of principal program goals and objectives.
- Research new or improved business and management practices for application to operating and administrative programs.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 TO 5 NIGHTS PER MONTH
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550931000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.