This position is in the Office of the Under Secretary for Benefits (OUSB), Office of Strategic Engagement; located in Washington, D.C. The office manages a variety of significant, complex public relations and marketing campaigns in support of the Office of the Secretary for Veterans Affairs (VA), the Under Secretary for Benefits (USB), VA central office, and field offices and organizations.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as a Public Affairs Specialist, responsible for developing, coordinating, and implementing a sound public information program to communicate agency policies, programs, services, and activities to inform and educate Service Members, Veterans, and their Family Members, Media, Veteran Service Organizations, special interest groups, and public and private partnerships.
- Develops, coordinates and implements a sound public information program to communicate agency policies, programs and services.
- Serves as the principle advisor to senior leadership on matters involving public information, issues and communication policy.
- Formulates theme, message, and writes or edits speeches for key stakeholders, news releases, presentations, testimony, info papers and staff activities.
- Cooperates and works productively with internal and external customers, staff members, supervisors, and others to develop communication strategies and plans.
- Interacts with Veterans, dependents, the general public and external stakeholders involved in providing services to Veterans.
- Develops, edits, and reviews professional editorials,clear, correct, thorough, and succinct written communication that is appropriate for effective communication to the desired audience.
- Coordinates and implements new methods to maintain liaison with multiple internal and external organizations.
- Analyzes and organizes information to present, determine the logical and effective theme development and presentation.
- Plans and executes national campaigns to convey information on specific VBA activities, achievements and programs.
- Coordinates, and monitors social and web media concepts, doctrine and policy.
- Formulates various written documents such as speeches, briefings, memorandums, pamphlets, and booklets.
- Formulates, screens, and approves scripts, speeches, and papers prior to release with consideration for public reaction and political sensitivities.
- Develops and implements crisis communications plans.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: 38142-A
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550891400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.