The ideal candidate for this position will be able to maintain law and order and protect life, property, the civil rights of individuals and national security information. This position starts at a salary of $46,130 (GS-06), with promotion potential to $51,262 (GS-07). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center (MWEOC) team within FEMA.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as a Police Officer with full authority to carry firearms and make arrests in order to detect and investigate a wide variety of situations and enforce a wide variety of Federal, State, and local laws in compliance with rules, regulations, and procedures. Typical assignments include:
- Enforcing laws and regulations.
- Preparing incident reports and other appropriate documentation relevant to breaches of the peace, acts of violence, theft of Federal or personal property, and other violations committed on Federally-owned or controlled property.
- Patrolling the facility grounds and structures to prevent and detect theft, damage, or unauthorized entry.
- Monitoring and reporting irregularities in the site access system through use of a computerized system and allowing access of authorized personnel.
Promotion Potential: Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
All MWEOC staff have emergency assignments and are considered deployed in place. Exercises and activations are planned and unplanned, and may require long hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
In addition to the above you will be required to:
- Required to pass random drug testing under FEMA’s Drug-Free Workplace Plan.
- Required to have obtained and retain authority under DHS Delegation by completing the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center’s (FLETC) Uniform Police Training Program or equivalent FLETC basic police training program within one year of appointment.
Occasional travel - This position may require non-emergency travel (5%)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550869700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.