Electrician, WG--2805, Grade: 10, VA WPB. The incumbent may be assigned to the FMS Maintenance & Construction (M & C) Shop or the Electrical Shop (Engineering Service) as a full journeyman electrician for our state-of-the-art VA Medical Center which consists of a 400-bed general medical/surgical and psychiatric center, a 120-bed Nursing Horne Care Unit (NHCU), an outpatient clinic (OPC), which will serve 170,000 visits per year and a parking garage facility which will accommodate 960 vehicles.Learn more about this agency
- The incumbent is under the direct supervision of the Shop Supervisor. most of the time he/she works alone or with another trades person of equivalent or lower grade with only general instructions such as scope of job, job priority, sequence of work, and availability of materials provided by his supervisor.
- His/her work is spot-checked for compliance with existing codes or instruction, as well as for quality of workmanship and time required to complete the job.
- The incumbent is responsible for participation in and giving full support to all station programs, such as safety, training, incentive award, manpower utilization and work simplification, as well as proper use and care of tools and equipment.
- Percentage of duties 40 % construction rough-in, 20% pulling wire, 20% troubleshooting, 10% training and 10% preventive maintenance.
- Incumbent must be able to read blueprints and schematics, take field measurements and transpose them to job needs, read and understand operating instructions and procedures, interpret electrical codes and record necessary data.
- Knowledge of the operation and installation of a variety of complete electrical systems and equipment, such as series, parallel, and compound circuits for single and multiple phase alternating current of varying voltage, amperage, and frequency; wiring systems in industrial complexes and in buildings; and power or regulating and control circuits and distribution panels to industrial machinery, computers or laboratory and other electrical equipment in order to plan, lay out, install, modify, troubleshoot, and repair a variety of complete systems as well as any parts of these systems.
- Skill in the use of hand tools; power tools, such as cable pullers, hydraulic benders, and pipe threading machines; and a wide variety of test equipment, for example, rneggers, multi-meters, frequency meters, watt meters, power factor meters, vibro-grounds, phase rotation meters, audio tone location equipment, high potential testers, ground fault interrupter testing . equipment, recording amp meters, circuit analyzers, circuit breaker testers, resistance bridges, and cathodic protection test sets.
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code requirements in order to ensure the safe and proper operation of systems and equipment.
- Performs installations and modifications to the emergency and standby generator systems, switch gear and electrical distribution system. Maintains necessary logs, as built drawings and records for each unit, noting date when work was performed, parts installed or replaced, hours worked and all other assigned duties.
- Maintenance and Construction
- Energy Center
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 07:00 am - 03:30 pm; 02:00 pm - 10:30 pm - 8 hours shifts, shifts may changed based on the needs of the facility.Compress Tour: Is not available for this position.
Position Description Title/PD#: Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550838300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.