You will serve as a Logistic Management Specialist located in the Military Sealift Command (MSC), Logistics Directorate (N4), Sustainment Logistics Division (N44), MILITARY SEALIFT COMMANDLearn more about this agency
To learn more about Military Sealift Command, please visit us at https://sealiftcommand.com/work-ashore.
- You will develop, maintain and implement program/ class life-cycle logistics sustainment plans (LCSP) and contractual requirements for Government- owned ships managed under both Government-operated or Contract-operated business models.
- You will ensure material readiness for assigned ships by monitoring, and tracking high priority requirements to repair inoperable or degraded equipment.
- You will ensure that MSC Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) requirements (including IUID) are implemented in all ship repair, equipment alteration/procurement, and ship operating/ maintenance contracts.
- You will coordinate the development, review and approval of logistics ship conversion, activation, deactivation, and transfer.
- You will communicate with part manufactures/distributors to monitor equipment supportability, identifies alternate sources, and/or obsolete equipment and parts.
- You will monitor contractor logistics performance throughout contract period of performance.
Occasional travel - This position requires occasional travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550788400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.