WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT DIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
Learn more about this agency
See Other Information for Locations
WHAT DOES A FINANCIAL TECHNICIAN DO? As a Financial Technician you will serve as an Innocent Spouse Technician, as such, you are responsible for classifying Innocent Spouse claims to determine if a claimant is eligible for relief of the tax liability through applying tax law and judgmental decisions.
As a Lead Financial Technician you will:
- Distribute, balance, monitor and report on workload in accordance with established workflow or job specialization. Assure equitable distribution among employees and timely accomplishment of assigned work load.
- Amend or reject work not meeting established standards.
- Maintain current knowledge of procedures, policies and directives; answer questions; and provide both classroom and OJT instruction to employees.
- Resolve simple informal complaints; report on performance, progress and training needs of employees and disciplinary problems.
- Perform administrative duties in the absence of the manager.
- Make suggestions concerning personnel actions and recognition of outstanding performance.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550742600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.