Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This Program Manager position is located at Lackland Air Base, San Antonio, TX in the Canine Training Center (CTC) and reports to the Deputy Director, Training Centers Division, Training and Development, Headquarters, Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Major Duties include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing and initiates strategic planning to position the canine program for ongoing growth and effectiveness, communicating the program's vision to both internal and external stakeholders up to and including Congress, setting overall priorities, goals and objectives and evaluating the program's success in meeting such objectives, monitoring and evaluating performance of organizational sections, managers and staff, defining staff and resource requirements and participating in planning efforts across organizational units.
- Training and deploying TSA canine assets for a $150M program and 17 operational training facilities on Lackland Air Force Base. Conducting initial and recurrent training, as well as annual certifications, for over I 000 canine teams deployed across the country; providing standards, training, and quality assurance for Regional Canine Training Instructors deployed to over 40 locations in direct support of over 1,000 canine teams.
- Leading TSA's relationship with Military Working Dog program, co-located with TSA's program at Lackland Air Force Base; this includes directing staff to ensure proper veterinarian and other care for canines, budgeting, planning and execution of facilities expansion strategies, and collaboration regarding explosives detection canine capabilities.
- Providing numerous briefings to the TSA Administrator and represents TSA before Congressional Committees upon request on issues relating to canine procurement, training, and deployment of teams.
- Ensuring that adequate resources are procured, trained, deployed, and evaluated to meet the current multi-modal security requirements; this includes but is not limited to adequate training facilities and equipment for all assigned personnel.
25% or less - Position requires frequent travel to ensure effective oversight.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550688700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.