The National Museum of African American History and Culture's primary purposes are to acquire, maintain and preserve objects which document social, cultural, political, military, technological and scientific developments in the United States related to the African American experience; to conduct research in the field of African American history, to publish findings for all audiences; and interpret historical developments through public exhibits and programs as well as digital content.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent reports to the Assistant Director for Communications, Office of External Affairs, National Museum of African American History and Culture, and performs the following duties and responsibilities:
- provides support to the Public Affairs, Marketing and Communications, and Social Media teams, which may include several of the following areas: fiscal management, travel, management information systems, contract administration, property management, procurement, and overall office management;
- reviews project deliverables and tracks priorities against timetables, keeping the supervisor abreast of any items for which feedback or further action is needed;
- manages changes to the project scope, project schedule and projects costs using appropriate verification techniques;
- coordinates content for inclusion in reports, collateral and presentations, including collection of content and graphics;
- writes action plans for multi-phased projects, using standard project management best practices;
- ensures internal and external parties receive the necessary information to advance mission-critical initiatives;
- maintains best practices for the archival, storage, security and retrieval of records;
- orders a variety of goods and services using Smithsonian’s financial system (ERP);
- prepares spending reports in MS Excel and Smartsheet;
- tracks expenditures from one or more federal funds, including determining or verifying financial and other codes based on transaction, source, purpose, and program and enters transactions into NMAAHC automated funds tracking system;
- books hotels, transportation, and occasionally arranges site meetings and prepares travel papers in hard copy and/or automated system; and
- maintains calendar(s) for supervisor, including leave, meetings, and project calendars.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550668500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.