You will serve as a Carpenter in the Office of the Vice President for Finance and Administration, Office of the Assistant Vice President for Administration,Facilities Division of the UNIF SRVS UNI OF THE HLTH SCI.Learn more about this agency
- You will plan and complete projects from initial layout to final assembly or installation.
- You will selecte materials and supplies required to complete a project.
- You will work from drawings, sketches, blue-prints and own knowledge of construction methods.
- You will install rafters, studs, sills, plates, braces, floors, sub-floors, beams, posts, bulkheads, and panels.
- You will build and install window frames, doors, formica, plastic moldings, carpet, stairs, tile (vinyl, linoleum, ceramic), and laths.
- You will install items and materials by nailing, bolting, mortisings, doweling and gluing.
- You will construct, install and repair bulletin boards, schedule boards, bookcases, cabinets, and lockers.
- You will replace and repair locks for desks, file cabinets, storage cabinets, lockers, student carrels, doors, equipment, and freezers.
- You will cut keys by duplication, by code using code books and code machine, by impression, by reading the tumblers and filing by hand, or by disassembling the lock and filing the keys by hand.
- You will plant and maintain trees, shrubs, flowers, and plants throughout the University grounds or outdoor areas.
- You will operate farm and garden equipement such as tractors, mowers, sprayers, sweepers, and vacuums to prepare and maintain the University's roads, grounds, garages and plazas.
- You will perform preventive and operator maintenance on equipment.
- You will trim and prune trees to control growth and maintain balance between roots and top.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550609700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.