This position is located in the Department of State’s Office of Foreign Missions (M/OFM), which is responsible for implementing the requirements of the Foreign Missions Act of 1982 (22 U.S.C. 4301-4316, as amended). The incumbent serves as a Foreign Affairs Officer in OFM's Policy Development and Coordination Division (OFM/PR/PDC).
If eligible, applicants to this announcement may be referred to other positions in other Bureaus/Offices in the Department.Learn more about this agency
- At the GS-11 level, the incumbent performs essentially the same duties as outlined below; however, the scope and complexity of assignments are of less responsibility and independence and receives closer supervision than the GS-12 level.
- Monitors political and other significant developments and trends in the assigned area(s) in order to facilitate efforts to achieve U. S. foreign policy objectives and to ensure compliance with international law and the Foreign Missions Act.
- Analyzes political, economic, and other reporting from a variety of sources to monitor regions of interests to understand current situations and implications to U.S. interests.
- Provides informational consultations and orientations to colleagues and management officials, and the interagency arena.
- Advises on country or region-specific issues and problems; develops and proposes resolutions of policy and procedural issues and coordinates implementation of policy decisions.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550607900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.