The ideal candidate for this position will be possess skills in systems administration, troubleshooting, and customer support related to hardware and software systems. This position starts at a salary of $83,398.00 (GS-12). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the National Continuity Programs team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
This position is located in DHS/FEMA in the Continuity Communications Division, Communications Management Branch of the National Continuity Programs (NCP), Washington, DC.
In this position, you will be involved in planning and coordinating the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of hardware and software systems.
- Assisting in planning and scheduling the installation of new or modified hardware and software operating systems and applications.
- Providing support in managing systems accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment.
- Providing support in managing system resources, managing installation and integration of system fixes, updates, and enhancement.
- Aiding in the development, documentation, and implementation of systems administration standard operating procedures, security procedures and tools.
- Contributing to resolution of hardware/software interface and interoperability problems and maintenance of system configuration.
- Providing support in developing test data and appropriate testing procedures; provide analysis and evaluation report.
25% or less - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550568200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.