THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC, Position Description Number D0483 / D0484 / D1063 and is part of the WY Army Aviation Support Facility, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in an Army Aviation Support Facility (AASF) with responsibility for the performance of the full range of aircraft maintenance duties including troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, repair, and ground testing of assemblies, systems, and surfaces for one or more types of military aircraft, fixed and rotary wing. Perform duties and has responsibilities understood under the military designation of Crew Chief which involves full maintenance responsibility for a required minimum number of aircraft as determined by type of aircraft. Has responsibility for one or more subordinate employees who assist in the repair and maintenance of assigned aircraft. May be required to perform duties per the military definition of Flight Engineer.
(1) Perform Crew Chief duties with full maintenance responsibility for assigned aircraft.
(2) Perform the full range of preventive maintenance, repair, and ground testing of aircraft system, assemblies, and surfaces.
(3) Plan and conduct a flight training program for drill status crew chiefs to include maintenance instruction for assigned aircraft, the use of hand and arm signals used, ground handling of aircraft, use of ground equipment, aircraft loading, hoist operations, emergency procedures, etc.
(4) Plan, develop and conduct proficiency training during the technician work week to a multi-faceted workforce comprised of Full Time Support (FTS) and supported unit personnel.
(5) Prepare for and participate in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, and mobilization and support exercises.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550510500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.