This announcement will remain open until October 31, 2020. Cut-off dates for referral to hiring managers for selection consideration will be established as needed by the agency. The first cut-off date will be Monday, November 18, 2019 OR until the first 100 applications have been received, whichever happens first. Due to high volume of applicants, not all applicants will be considered.Learn more about this agency
As a Contract Specialist you will be responsible for the acquisition of highly specialized procurements of significant importance to the Department of Homeland Security. Specifically, you will perform the following duties:
- Solicitation, administration, close-out and termination of purchase orders and contracts;
- Acquiring a wide variety of commodities including but not limited to furniture, telecommunication equipment, ammunition and surveillance equipment;
- Purchasing and/or managing a variety of service contracts including IT support services, financial management services, detention management services and guard services;
- Developing, implementing and reviewing contracting plans for pre-award, post-award, price/cost analysis and a wide variety of procurement activities;
- Providing technical advice, guidance and legal interpretation in all areas of contracting.
- Information Technology Division (ITD): The ITD provides procurement services for Automated Information Systems (AIS), approved Information Technology (IT) services requirements and Private Branch Exchange (PBX phone systems.
- Detention, Compliance and Removals (DCR): The DCR division provides acquisition support to ICE Headquarters and Field Offices throughout the country for detention, along with ancillary services and supplies in support of the ICE mission.
- Mission Support (MS): The MS Washington contracting division awards and administers contracts and interagency agreements for a broad range of supplies and services and provides mission-based acquisition support to various program offices.
Organizational Location: This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Office of Acquisition Management, Washington, DC.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550494100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.