You will serve as an Electrician in the Research and Development Services Division of NAVAL RESEARCH LABORATORY.Learn more about this agency
- You will design, construct, install, and repair electrical raceways and supports
- You will determine proper size, measures, cuts, threads, bends, and install rigid and thin wall conduits through the use of mechanical or hydraulic benders and pipe threading machines.
- You will locate faults or trouble in new and existing electrical circuits and equipment to insure proper and safe operating conditions, replacing worn or defective parts and wiring before actual breakdowns or accidents occur.
- You will design and fabricate various electrical parts, using materials with the appropriate conducting, resistance, or insulating properties.
- You will install and repair transformers, electric motors, electric appliances, electric furnaces, electric welders, and electric generating equipment of various voltages, wattages, and frequencies.
- You will install and repair electrical wiring, switches, outlets, panels, meters, light fixtures, and switch boards distributing power and lighting circuits throughout entire buildings.
- You will install, repair, and determine necessary wiring and circuits for electric power, lighting circuits, and electrical machinery in buildings and various scientific laboratory spaces.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550490500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.