THIS POSTING HAS BEEN AMENDED TO EXTEND THE CLOSING DATE.
As a National Bank Examiner (Analyst to Assistant Deputy Comptroller), you will use advanced knowledge, judgment, and decision-making skills to advise and assist the Assistant Deputy Comptroller (ADC) in planning, organizing, and implementing all functions of the field office, including providing technical expertise to examination staff as needed.
Midsize & Community Bank Supervision
Northeastern District, Washington, DCLearn more about this agency
As a National Bank Examiner (Analyst to Assistant Deputy Comptroller), you will:
- Analyze supervision findings for banks and thrifts assigned to the Assistant Deputy Comptroller (ADC), identify areas of concern, determine methods of resolution and recommend appropriate action and/or follow-up.
- Fill in for the ADC during short absences. May assist the ADC to develop and monitor the performance of the annual plan, including budget for the ADC's portfolio. As requested, assist in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the field office.
- Supervise and manage the work of assigned office support personnel, and may make the assignment of work for field office personnel.
- Periodically serve as Examiner-In-Charge (EIC) in community banks or thrifts or assist in supervisory activities in midsize, credit card banks, or large banks and comparable thrifts, as requested.
- Attend meetings with Boards of Directors and bank and thrift management, representing the Supervisory Office. Act as the liaison with representatives of the banking and thrift industry and community groups. Provide technical assistance and guidance to bankers, bank directors, examining personnel, outside parties, and district and Washington office personnel.
- Coordinate sharing of resources with other analysts assisting an ADC, and work closely with district counsel on problem institutions.
- Maintain a quality control system for assigned ADC's office and conduct quality assurance reviews of supervisory activities, strategies, and products of banks and thrifts.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550489300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.