This position is located in the Office of Human Resources (OHR) in Washington, DC. The Deputy Director for the agency's "corporate" entities works with the OHR Director managing the work of the staff involved in the functional areas of Staffing and Recruitment, Position Management and Organizational Design, Employee and Labor Relations, Performance Management and awards, Federal Employee Benefits and Retirement programs, and HR Information Systems.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesThe HR Deputy Director for Corporate is a critical member of the agency's leadership team. The incumbent serves as the full deputy to the OHR Director and assists in providing vision, leadership, management, and administration of a comprehensive HR program for the Agency. Incumbent is responsible for the management and supervision of HR professionals engaged in the full range of HR functions, such as staffing and recruitment, position management and organizational design, Employee and Labor Relations, Performance Management and Awards, Federal Employee Benefits and Retirement Programs, and HR Information Systems. As Deputy Director, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Serving as a principal advisor to OHR Director, Director of Management Services, and agency senior management on human resources issues;
- Providing technical and administrative supervision as a first and second level supervisor, making selections for positions, assigning duties, reviewing work, and approving/disapproving leave and performing the full range of supervisory duties of your staff;
- Setting long range goals and objectives, determining program emphasis, planning for long range staffing and program requirements, and implementing actions to reach goals and objectives in support of agency goals and objectives and of OHR's goals and objectives;
- Reviewing and approving work plans and schedules, setting priorities, and making decisions on work problems presented by subordinate supervisors;
- Setting performance standards for and appraising the performance of staff members, reviewing standards and assuring equity of appraisals completed by subordinates;
- Representing the OHR's Director at important meetings with agency senior management to discuss major issues and policies and significant HR matters affecting the agency;
- Serving as an expert and consultant to agency senior management in the areas of employee and labor relations, position management, organizational design, staffing and recruitment, and performance management;
- Providing expert advice to key agency senior management on recruitment for high profile positions and on sensitive employee performance and conduct issues.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550468900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.