Come work for the USPTO, we have been ranked as one of the best places to work in the federal government! The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 200 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. The USPTO is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has over 12,000 employees. For more information about the USPTO, please visit the USPTO Jobs Website.Learn more about this agency
As a Human Resources Specialist (HRD) in the Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (OCAO), Office of Human Resources (OHR), Enterprise Training Division (ETD), you will be responsible for providing senior level advice in the area of human resources development as it relates to e-learning initiatives. Typical duties include:
- Serving as USPTO's System Administrator for the Learning Management System (LMS). Such responsibility includes, but is not limited to, the following: managing the employees, groups, and content assignments; reporting usage based on the activity of employees, groups, and content assignments; monitoring and controlling the content consumption of agency employees; monitoring system performance; and customizing the Commerce Learning Center (CLC).
- Determining appropriate products and services and working with clients or customers to define project scope, requirements, and deliverables; identifying information technology requirements and analyzing information system requirements and environment.
- Implementing project plans to meet objectives. Integrating information systems and subsystems; developing and implementing project release plans; gathering requirements and providing analysis of them or other related data; monitoring project activities and resources to mitigate risk; and evaluating, monitoring and ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, standards, and procedures.
- Identifying training and developmental needs through surveys and assessments; identifying and collecting appropriate content pertaining to various skills that have been identified as critical to success for the agency and its activities.
- Exercising responsibility for the continued design, development, documentation, delivery, maintenance and implementation of technology-based learning solutions; driving innovative change in the delivery of training and performance support to the Agency’s workforce and facilitates the implementation of new learning technologies.
- Providing content development support to clients from other business units in creating new Computer Based Trainings (CBTs), including instructional strategy, content organization, graphics design, and quality control.
- Serving as webmaster for special intranet initiatives and webpages as well as the office’s portion of the intranet.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550466700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.