This position is located in Smithsonian Institution’s Office of Smithsonian Facilities (SF), Office of Facilities Management and Reliability (OFMR). The incumbent for this position serves under the general supervision of the Craft Shop Supervisor. The employee provides electrical system services for the construction, alteration and repair of electrical systems such as equipment, machinery and lighting for the mission, health, comfort and safety of occupants and visitors.Learn more about this agency
- Provides electrical system services for the construction, alteration and repair of electrical systems such as equipment, machinery and lighting for the mission, health, comfort and safety of occupants and visitors.
- Installs, repairs, assembles, modifies, maintains and troubleshoots the light and electrical power systems.
- Lays out and installs complete electrical wiring jobs which include measuring, cutting, threading, bending, assembling and installing raceways/conduits; installing and connecting outlets, J-boxes, panels, switches and transformers; pulling wires, soldering, fastening and taping connections; testing circuits such as for load continuity and proper connections; and circuit tracing.
- Assignments are received orally or in the form of work orders, specifications, blueprints, writing diagrams, and rough sketches; performs installation, modification, repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical systems
- Furnishes temporary lines and feeders for television technicians, newsreel cameramen and photographers; confirms that circuits are not overloaded.
- Instructs lower grade electricians as to the procedures, methods and safety when assigned to assist them in the performance of these duties.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550452100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.