This announcement may be used to fill positions in Chicago, IL; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; or Washington, D.C. Candidates should indicate the location(s) for which they would like to be considered in their cover letter.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesEach section's responsibilities include merger review, other investigations, and litigation of anticompetitive conduct as well as public advocacy for policies that ensure an innovative and competitive marketplace. Attorneys in these sections frequently grapple with challenging cases involving technical complexity, technological change, barriers to entry, and evolving competitive and regulatory landscapes. Successful applicants can expect to be given significant responsibility and have immediate involvement with matters of national importance. The attorneys hired can also expect a collegial and stimulating work environment involving collaboration with highly experienced attorneys and economists on cutting-edge matters and to enjoy the satisfaction of serving the public interest.
These sections are responsible for antitrust enforcement and litigation, competition advocacy, and competition policy in multiple sectors of the economy as described below:
- Defense, Industrials & Aerospace Section - defense, avionics and aeronautics, banking, industrial equipment, road and highway construction, metals and mining, and waste industries;
- Healthcare & Consumer Products Section - health care, insurance, pulp, paper, timber, food products, dairy, and beer;
- Media, Entertainment & Professional Services Section - motion pictures, music publishing, concert and event promotion, publishing, radio, television, newspapers, advertising, sports and recreation, credit cards, and real estate;
- Technology & Financial Services Section - computer hardware and software, high technology component manufacturing, internet-related businesses, financial services, and the securities industry;
- Telecommunications & Broadband Section - broadband Internet, cable and satellite television, mobile wireless service, and telephony; and
- Transportation, Energy, & Agriculture Section - aviation, railroads, trucking, ocean shipping, hotels, restaurants, travel services, electricity, oil field services, crops, seeds, fish, and livestock.
- Washington Criminal I and II Sections - conduct criminal investigations and litigation and work in conjunction with their regional office counterparts. They handle criminal investigations in a wide range of industries.
- Chicago, New York, and San Francisco Offices - Each of the Division's three regional offices handles criminal matters arising in its respective area and serves as the Division's liaison with U.S. attorneys, state attorneys general, and other regional law enforcement agencies. The offices also handle national and international matters that arise within their territories. They play a primary role in the Division's criminal investigations and prosecutions.
Please Note: Additional selections may be made from this announcement. Also, a writing sample may be requested of individuals identified as best qualified, to be forwarded to the selecting official along with your application package, upon referral. Applications mailed using government postage and/or internal federal government mailing systems are in violation of agency and postal regulations and will not be accepted.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550447700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.