Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is: To serve as a senior functional engineer with project management, execution, operational duties within assigned area(s). In addition, serve as the technical expert within their organization in engineering concerning their area of engineering discipline; provides leadership and management to ensure the project/program success.
- Performs professional engineering work involved in the application of advanced engineering theories, concepts, principals, and processes to acquisition, development, or sustainment of weapon systems, subsystems, and/or support equipment.
- Functions as the organization's technical specialist in design and development engineering for critical systems and devices.
- Performs complex and comprehensive analysis and uses systematic, disciplined and quantifiable approaches to implement, develop and document projects.
- Serves as a consultant and technical expert to Technical Program Mangers (TPMs) and/or other agency officials responsible for broad program operations.
- Participates in the evaluation, utilization and improvement or organizational policies, processes and procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550444000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.