This position is located in the Persian News Network (PNN) of the Voice of America. Incumbent is assigned to the Central News and Production Unit (CNPU) within PNN. He or she may be assigned to work on any program being broadcast by PNN. Serves as a Producer responsible for the flawless on-air execution of live Persian television programs, including the production of high quality packages.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Creates a rundown, times the segments, and line produces live, digitally recorded, or taped shows.
- Ensures that all the production elements, packages, graphics and chyrons in the show are accurate and shown in order.
- Coordinates production elements in a timely fashion.
- Communicates vital program/production information, e.g. satellite placement, requests for live, digitally recorded, and taped studio facilities and crews, and coordination with set and graphic designers as well as technical and show directors, and the language versioning staff.
- Works closely with the Executive Producers and Managing Editors to provide input and advice as to the best format or method to achieve the program objectives.
- Keeps abreast of the media climate in the target region to ensure the competitiveness of TV and radio programming in the marketplace.
- Regularly reviews programming and advises on aesthetic look and quality of television packages.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550367100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.