The incumbent serves as a Lead overseeing other employees performing cybersecurity mission related work in adherence to the workforce framework for cybersecurity specialty areas.Learn more about this agency
As a Lead IT Cybersecurity Specialist (Direct Hire), you will:
- Ensure that the organization's strategic plan, mission, vision, and values are communicated to the team and integrated into the team's strategies, goals, objectives, work plans and work products and services.
- Lead the team in identifying, distributing and balancing workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established work flow, skill level and/or occupational specialization.
- Serve as a principal contact for coordination, implementation, and/or enforcement of information security policies.
- Implement higher-level security requirements and integrate security programs across disciplines.
- Assess new systems design methodologies in order to improve software quality.
- Develop long-range plans for IT security systems and review new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks.
- Resolve integration issues related to the implementation of new systems with the existing infrastructure.
- Initiate, develop, implement, and evaluate the security programs of an organization.
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of security programs across platforms and establish vulnerability reporting criteria.
- Make recommendations for operational policies, procedures, and criteria for interfacing with program systems resources, and coordinate with other staff within the agency on the development of information security systems and application policies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position. 5% Domestically.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550323900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.