This position is in the AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps which is a full-time, team based residential program for men and women ages 18 to 24. The program is designed to strengthen communities and develop leaders through direct, team-based community service. Corps members are assigned to 1 of 4 campuses located in CO; CA; MS & IA. Teams of 8-10 members complete projects that address community needs. During the 10-month term, Corps members receive lodging, transportation, & meals .Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Department of the Chief Program Officer, AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps in Aurora, CO.
The Assistant Program Director for Training is responsible for the design, implementation, and evaluation of developmental training programs for Corps members. Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Manages and oversees quality control of campus training programs including: Team Leader training, the Corps Training Institute, Service Learning, Life after AmeriCorps activities, project specific training, transition or mid-year training.
- Collaborates with other Campus and Headquarters staff members, as well as external stakeholders, to identify and address required learning objectives through effective training to enable Corps members to successfully complete their service projects as well as their term of service.
- Develops and manages a complex, competency based training program that involves scheduling multiple, simultaneous and overlapping classes.
- Designs or revises training curricula; provides feedback to training facilitators; and personally conducts training and orientation sessions.
- Researches, identifies, and coordinates the procurement of outside training vendors. Works with vendors to establish or modify course materials and/or presentation methods.
- Creates training evaluation surveys or other materials. Analyzes data and makes necessary adjustments in course content, vendor selection, etc.
- Prepares annual training budget requests.
- Oversees the establishment and maintenance of a library of training courses and other developmental resources for Campus-wide use.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550312600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.