Do you have a passion for public service? The United States Secret Service (USSS) is looking for you! The USSS is a premier law enforcement organization with two (2) critical national security missions: protect our nation’s leaders and to conduct criminal investigations.Learn more about this agency
The United States Secret Service, is looking for talented individuals to serve as an IT Specialist subject matter expert in one of the following areas:
- IT Network – duties may include:
- Installing, configuring, operating, maintaining and optimizing Secret Service data networked equipment, components, operating systems and software, to include computers, printers, fiber, local area network (LAN), wide area network(WAN) metropolitan area network (MAN) routers, switches, routers, hubs, firewalls, intrusion detection systems
- Managing complex projects, preparing project plans, contingency plans, objectives, schedules, allocating and assigning resources;
- Defining system administration standards and processes for maintaining a sound server and system infrastructure;
- Defining and developing network standards and processes for maintaining a sound network architecture and infrastructure;
- IT Security – duties may include:
- Developing policies and procedures for the Division’s related security systems, certification and accreditation to ensure compliance with various Federal regulatory requirements;
- Evaluating established policies to determine if new methods or procedures are needed to integrate information systems security with other security disciplines;
- Conducting periodic and continuous reviews of IT systems to ensure compliance and maintain existing information system security documentation including system security plans, security controls matrix and assessments and security configuration guides;
- Overseeing and providing direction on information assurance, cybersecurity requirements and enforces managerial and operational security controls in accordance with principles established by NIST.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel - Domestic and Foreign
14 - Appointments may be made at the GS-13 or GS-14 level. The full performance level will depend on the position that you are ultimately selected to occupy.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550280700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.