The Alexandria VA Health Care System (AVAHCS) is seeking Registered Nurse(s) to provide service to our ill and injured Veterans in our Community Living Center.Learn more about this agency
***THIS VACANCY IS AN OPEN AND CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT UNTIL September 30th, 2020. Applicants will be reviewed as the need to fill vacancies occurs.
Medical Center Policy requires that a BLS has to be maintained if you work in direct patient care positions.
This is a nursing home setting. We have 4 distinct neighborhoods; 1 long stay, 1 dementia care, 1 palliative care, and 1 rehab/skilled nursing. All RNs work 12 hours shifts and are hired to rotate to evenings or nights depending on the need of the Veteran. There is not a set number of nights or evenings anyone will work; Again, it is solely based on the needs of our Veterans to assure safe, quality care. Day shift is 645am-715pm; Night shift is 645pm-715am; and evening shift is 1045am-1115pm.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Documenting observations, assessments, and changes in Veteran's conditions.
- Collaborating with health team members to facilitate positive patient outcomes.
- Communicate with people of varied educational levels and varied ethnic/cultural and religious backgrounds.
- Completes initial assessment of patient condition and response to treatment and initiates follow-up as needed.
- Formulates a plan of care based on nursing assessments, using the nursing process, based on the ANA Standards of Nursing Practice.
- Recognize overt abnormal signs and symptoms and/or changes in patients' condition and responds appropriately.
- Providing a full range of nursing care (direct care to charge nurse duties) with a variety of physical and/or behavior problems.
- Accountable for meeting and maintaining the qualification standards and functional statements of assigned grade.
- Demonstrated ability to assume leadership in a resident centered program.
- Includes the patient and family/significant other in developing the initial plan of care and establishing goals.
- Able to establish effective communication with residents, families, visitors and members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Maintains Reusable Medical Equipment (RME) per Alexandria VA Healthcare System Standards of Procedures specific to each device.
- Supervise care delivery of Licensed Practical Nurses and Nursing Assistants.
- Attends educational courses as required.
- Complies with Infection Control practices and other organizational, Veteran Integrated System Network (VISN), & Veterans Affairs directives and policies.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550254100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.