The Office of STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) Engagement (Code 160), is seeking an intern that will provide administrative and programmatic support for new and current education projects, activities, data management, program analysis, grants management, and reporting requirements to engage and increase underrepresented and underserved participation in NASA STEM Engagement opportunities.Learn more about this agency
- As a Student Trainee (Administrative) intern, you will perform the following duties with the guidance of a senior Education Program Specialist, Education Specialist, or Program Specialist:
- You will provide administrative support for planning, designing and implementing formal and informal, K-12 and higher education programs, activities, events.
- You will participates in analyzing data, developing formats to report the results, and recommending alternative courses of action.
- You will provide programmatic support for Office of STEM Engagement interns in matters such as records maintenance, document management, intern placement processes, and program performance management for Goddard's campuses.
- You will respond to inquiries and provide oral and written communication, assistance, and coordination to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- You will research new or improved business and management practices for application to office programs or operations.
- You will prepare reports, and other materials ensuring information is accurate and complete.
- Assist with data coordination, analysis and information sharing and conducting moderately complex qualitative analyses.
- Supports GSFC and NASA HQ education strategies, performance assessment and data management requirements across a wide-spectrum of internal and external STEM stakeholders.
- Supports administrative tasks such as inventory and management of supplies/materials, coordinating calendar of activities, scheduling regular telecoms meetings and virtual activities.
Not required - Travel outside the local commuting area is not required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550188200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.