This position is located in the Northern Region, Region 1 with a duty location of Kamiah, Idaho.Learn more about this agency
This position serves on a Forest Plan Revision team and is responsible for the development and analysis of integrated plan components and land allocations related to recreation and scenery resources.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Zachary Peterson at (208) 935-4239 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Responsible for drafting the Wild and Scenic Suitability Reports and Recommended Wilderness Evaluations (working with the Forest Planner and Writer-editor).
- Coordinates with Forest and District employees and works closely with a number of external partners, cooperating agencies, the Nez Perce Tribe and interested members of the public.
- Drafts/reviews specialist reports for Developed Recreation, Dispersed Recreation, Designated Wilderness, Recommended Wilderness, Designated Wild and Scenic Rivers, Recreation Opportunity Spectrum, Access, Scenery, Recreation Special and other areas.
- Drafts other resource reports and appendices, such as Wild and Scenic River suitability reports and recommended wilderness evaluations.
- Participates in public outreach and collaboration.
- Serves as acting Forest Planner/Team Leader on a rotational schedule.
- Once the Forest Plan is completed, the incumbent will support objections and litigations and implementing the Forest Plan.
- Following the completion of Forest Plan Revision, the incumbent may assist other interdisciplinary teams on the Forest with project level National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents.
25% or less - For off-site meetings with internal and external partners, public meetings and trainings.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550040700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.