About the Position: This is a Modified TERM appointment NTE 2 yrs, and it may be extended up to a total of 6 yrs. Contingent to specific conditions there may be an opportunity to be noncompetitively converted to a career-conditional or career appointment.Learn more about this agency
The CCDC - Soldier Center is participating in an alternative personnel system known as the Laboratory Personnel Demonstration Project (DEMO). Among other features, the DEMO replaces GS grade levels with occupational families and pay bands.
- Incumbent will serve as an Interdisciplinary Engineer in CCDC, Soldier Center, Soldier Protection and Survivability Directorate, Warfighter Protection Branch, Soldier Protection and Individual Equipment Team.
- At the lower end of the DB-2 band GS-7 equivalent: the incumbent will serve in a trainee level capacity and will perform duties such as: assist in the designing of equipment; structures or systems using established criteria or specifications;
- Test systems for compliance with specifications or for evaluation in terms of operational use. Perform administrative duties such as gathering and reviewing a variety of statistical data to prepare repots.
- At the middle of the DB-2 band GS-9 equivalent: the incumbent will serve in a advanced trainee level capacity and will perform duties such as: designing of equipment; structures or systems using established criteria or specifications;
- Test systems for compliance with specifications or for evaluation in terms of operational use. Review technical aspects of applications, designs, or proposed plans for compliance with laws, regulations, standards, specs, or other requirements.
- Perform administrative duties such as reviewing, coordinating and monitoring implementation of policies governing the program area; develop and carry out local directives and guidance.
- At the high end of the DB-02 band GS-11 equivalent: the incumbent will serve as an engineer/technical project officer and team member with responsibility for one (or more) technical projects;
- Serve as the engineering project manager for the development of new technologies coordinating program planning and execution with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, government test organizations and contractors.
- Direct and develop detailed technical project plans, schedules, and contract strategies/actions for program execution and serve as Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) as required.
- At the DB-03 band GS-12/13 equivalent: the incumbent will be a Project engineer/subject matter expert in one or both of the following areas: organizational clothing and individual equipment (OCIE) or personal protective equipment (PPE);
- Planning, organizing, directing and conducting exploratory, advanced, and engineering development efforts as well as production engineering studies/programs for new and improved items for combat use under various battlefield conditions.
- Independent execution of projects/programs as well as coordination of team efforts that require the integration of multidisciplinary efforts that cross the spectrum of materials science, engineering and textile technology.
- Perform systems engineering and integration with other items of clothing and individual equipment, weapon systems, combat vehicles and airframes, etc.
- Perform studies that entail the research of new technologies and application of scientific findings in such fields as human factors, human engineering, material performance environmental physiology.
- Write technical articles and provide information for technical bulletins, repair and maintenance procedures, fitting instructions, instruction materials concerning results of studies involving use of test subjects and specific items under study.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549914000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.