The selectee for this position will serve as a Supervisory Interdisciplinary Architect/Engineer in the PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT of NAV FACILITIES ENGINEERING COMMAND SE.Learn more about this agency
This is an obligated position. The former incumbent has return rights to this position under PL 86-585.
This is an interdisciplinary position which may be filled by any of the following series: Architect (0808), Civil Engineer (0810), Mechanical Engineer (0830), Electrical Engineer (0850), Industrial Engineer (0896).
- You will advise multi-disciplinary teams on facility development products or services to ensure successful project execution.
- You will manage design and construction projects to promptly identify and resolve issues while ensuring the structure, systems, functions and performance adhere to pre-established standards and requirements.
- You will lead a wide range of personnel (e.g., engineers, technical personnel, contractors) to support facilities engineering project issues.
- You will mentor employees in the area of project management ensuring performance, cost, and schedule metrics are met.
- You will formulate budgeting justification and expenditure tracking for all assigned facility construction projects to ensure command requirements are met.
- You will manage financial assets for multiple funding streams to ensure compliance with differing restrictions on the use of those funds.
- You will identify training needs to ensure employees' are skilled in accomplishing the organization's mission requirements.
- You will supervise or lead a team by assigning and directing work, monitoring performance, establishing priorities, and adjusting workload.
Occasional travel - This position may require travel from normal duty station to include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549899800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.