These positions are located in USDA/NASS. Field Operations, in Louisville, Kentucky; Olivette, Missouri; Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; Austin, Texas; and Olympia, Washington.Learn more about this agency
The incumbents of these positions provides technical direction to a group of statisticians and support personnel tasked with carrying out the estimates and reporting program(s) for an assigned group of agricultural commodities.
- Analyze and evaluate list sampling frame coverage, oversees list building activities, and develops plans to improve list frame maintenance in order to meet Agency standards.
- Examine listings and tabulations, recognizing deviations and trends and verify the accuracy of data.
- Analyze summarized survey indications and prepares estimates, forecasts, and supporting analytical and interpretative comments for reports.
- Initiate, plan, coordinate, and direct a large group of major agricultural surveys requiring the adaptation and coordination of a variety of statistical survey methods and techniques.
- Prepare final recommendations for estimates and/or forecasts and write analytical and interpretive comments to substantiate conclusions.
- Employ basic knowledge of computer technology and commercial software to train or assist office personnel in more effective microcomputer usage and develop and document procedures for software utilization.
- Establish guidelines for machine and other editing; examines survey forms and questionnaires obtained by mail, telephone, electronic, and enumerative survey methods from farmers, merchants, processors, and dealers in agricultural products.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position .
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549814500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.