These positions are located in USDA/NASS. Field Operations - West ; Field Operations - West, in Lincoln, Nebraska.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent shares full responsibility with the Regional Director for planning, directing, and coordinating the programs and activities of the RO with primary emphasis on technical operations. The incumbent supervises the day-to-day functions of the office, including supervision of all assigned staff.
- Plan, direct, and conduct surveys to collect agricultural data from farmers, merchants, processors, and other sources of agricultural information.
- Complete multiple tasks simultaneously under fixed deadlines in order to manage the survey and estimating program and direct the day-to-day operations of the office.
- Serve as a member designate of the Agricultural Statistics Board and, when called by the Chair, serves on the Board and in that capacity reviews the accuracy and adequacy of State estimates and forecasts and prepares National estimates and forecasts.
- Directs and oversees the work of the office, and manages data collection and processing activities.
- Directs and coordinates the processing and analysis of data and the preparation of a variety of weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual or other periodic estimates, forecasts, and reports on crop acreage, production, etc.
- Develops, tests, and recommends modifications in the Agency's survey forms and questionnaires, technical statistical worksheets, and summary and record forms.
- Ability to speak and write effectively in order to communicate with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds in a variety of situations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549814400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.