DOL seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees' differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. DOL fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration.
This position is located in the Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Field Operations Office, in Atlanta,GA.
This position is in the bargaining unit & has promotion potential to the GS-12.Learn more about this agency
Additional Selections may be made from this announcement.
For the GS07: At the GS-07 level the incumbent will preform all of the duties in a developmental capacity. Full performance of the position is a GS-12.
- Makes follow-up contact to respondents providing data to ensure accurate and timely survey results.
- Performs routine analysis of collected information in order to discover and rectify common discrepancies.
- Atypical situations are referred to the supervisor for further instruction.
- Works well with data providers to secure information using a thorough knowledge of interviewing and negotiating techniques and well developed interpersonal skills to maximize the level of participation from survey respondents.
- For training and development purposes, assignments may include some segments or aspects of work that are typically at a higher level.
- Uses computers and computer applications to analyze and communicate information in the appropriate format applying the appropriate technology and tools to tasks.
- Communicates information in a clear, succinct, and organized manner and produces written information which is appropriate for the intended audience.
- Prepares end-of-survey reports which provide a synopsis of collection experiences and recommendations for survey improvement.
- Makes arrangements preparatory to obtaining data from enterprises for which the collection of data is expected to be straight forward and uncomplicated and requires the application of conventional methods.
- Applies standard practices and techniques to the solicitation of data and reports information in accordance with survey requirements.
- Responds to queries from respondents for BLS information by providing them with the salient publications, assisting in interpretation where appropriate, or referring them to appropriate regional staff.
THIS IS AN INTERDISCIPLINARY POSITION AND MAY BE FILLED EITHER AS AN ECONOMIST OR STATISTICIAN (ECONOMICS).
50% or less - Travel may be required for training, conferences, meetings or other mandatory interactions, as scheduled.
12 - There is no obligation to provide future promotions if you are selected. Promotions are dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, meet all the performance requirements, and supervisor’s recommendation to the next grade.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549775800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.