The ideal candidate has experience as a Human Resource Information Systems Specialist with in-depth knowledge of the National Finance Center (NFC) system. This position starts at a salary of $99,172 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Systems & Analytics team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as a technical expert and adviser for Human Resources (HR) automated information systems and HR data analysis within Office of the Component Chief Human Capital Officer (OCCHCO). Typical assignments include:
- Advising on the latest developments and projections in the field of HR data analysis and information technology.
- Conducting in-depth analysis and preparing final outlines, operating plans, schedules, goals, and budgeting plans.
- Providing technical advice to Chief Information Officer (CIO) regarding all human resources systems including the National Finance Center (NFC) system.
- Developing new or revised policy and procedural documents to incorporate newly issued or modified guidance from Office of Personnel Management (OPM), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), or other authoritative sources.
- Disseminating policy and procedural guidance and instruction.
Occasional travel - This position may require non-emergency travel (5%)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549773600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.