The Volpe Center seeks GIS Specialists (Data Scientists) for our Policy Analysis and Strategic Planning Division to serve members of a multi-disciplinary team that supports the development of data-driven programs to speed the adoption of innovative technologies, policies, and practices. In particular, the employees will help to develop and apply data analysis and visualization techniques and tools in support of federal and state transportation programs.
Learn more about this agency
As a GIS Specialist (Data Scientist), you will:
- Develop, or supports the development and refinement, of spatial databases needed to support various GIS-based analyses and models.
- Support all aspects of spatial and non-spatial data development, analysis, visualization and modeling related to transportation.
- Evaluate data quality, updates and publishes data, produces high quality maps, performs spatial analyses, and develops models.
- Use ESRI desktop and server software to manipulate and analyze data.
- Interface with Federal, state and local governments, the private sector and professional organizations concerned with GIS.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of GIS methods and applications, and experience with database management software as needed to perform updates and data analysis within a database structure. The ideal candidate will also have ability to design and automate geospatial analysis, and have strong inter-personal skills as required to work effectively as part of a team in order to address varied, complicated spatial issues through the use of innovative, cutting edge GIS applications and methods.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549721800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.