The Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts is seeking a dynamic, high energy, and exceptional leader to serve as the Supervisory Management Analyst (Chief, Space and Facilities Division). Salary is set commensurate with experience. Benefits are available in accordance with Federal and Judiciary guidelines.Learn more about this agency
This position is designated as confidential or policy-determining under the Administrative Office (AO) Personnel Act, Section 3(a)(5)(B) and, as such, is not covered by the AO's personnel regulations developed under the AO Personnel Act of 1990.
The Space and Facilities Division (SFD) carries out the Director's statutory responsibility to provide accommodations to the Judiciary through the Administrator of the General Services Administration (GSA); provides expert advice and guidance to the courts and court units, and GSA staff on meeting Judiciary space needs; and implements Conference policy on space and facilities matters. The incumbent will serve as the Chief of SFD and will report to the Chief of the Facilities and Security Office. Duties to be performed include:
- Serving as primary Judiciary liaison with senior officials in the General Services Administration (GSA);
- Developing and maintaining business plans, management initiatives, and performance management indicators;
- Leading the Judiciary's space reduction, alternative workplace, and service validation initiatives;
- Conducting program reviews and providing management assistance to the courts in the space and facilities areas;
- Serving as national advisor on Federal courthouse design and construction;
- Managing a staff of architects, engineers, and design professionals;
- Providing technical input to the Judicial Conference Committee on Space and Facilities and other advisory committees as needed; and
- Briefing high level officials on space and facilities issues.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549709900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.