This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this position you must meet specific individual eligibility requirement, and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office.Learn more about this agency
The Community Care Section is the access point for care provided to Veterans by community providers. Staff manage each episode of care in the community and act as the liaison between external VA providers, community providers, and Veterans. Community Care clinical and administrative staff work together under the mission of supporting strong clinical outcomes for Veterans while at the same time meeting the business objectives of the medical center. The sections is committed to the delivery of accessible, efficient, cost-effective, value-based, high-quality care.
The Nurse Manager for the Clinical Review Team leads and serves as the clinical resource to the team of clinical personnel within the Community Care Section. The Nurse Manager ensures that the program meets its goals through direct collaboration with Veteran patients, community vendors, and VA clinical staff from all medical services as well as with administrative programs. The Nurse Manger is responsible for the oversight of the clinical care of the diverse Veteran patient population that is engaged in community care each year. Direct oversight includes care coordination management activities, necessary to purchase patient care in the community, balancing clinical, administrative, and financial priorities in a way that maximizes the patient experience and VA's resources.
Major duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for overall management of the Community Care Service Clinical Review Team, providing leadership and ensuring ethical, efficient, high quality, cost-effective, and coordinated services.
- Guides, develops, and supports staff from a leadership perspective.
- Organizes delivery of care coordination and transition management to assure continuity of care and peer accountability for practice, including access to care and discharge planning.
- Systematically evaluates current practice, and formulating outcomes for groups of patients and/or organizational processes within an area of expertise.
- Uses professional standards of care, scientific evidence, and practice to evaluate programs and/or service activities.
- Integrates the patient back into the VA system when community care episode is completed.
- Works independently in the domain of nursing to identify and access community resources that meet individual, group, or population needs.
- Collaborates with the administrative community care staff to promote fiduciary responsibility and efficiency.
- Uses data where available to make decisions.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549679900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.