This position is located with the United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research, Mycotoxin Prevention and Applied Microbiology Research Unit with one vacancy in Peoria, Illinois.Learn more about this agency
- Collects and analyzes molecular biological data.
- Maintains inventory of chemicals, prepares various molar solutions and reagents for use in the laboratory and safely disposes of waste material (both chemical and biological).
- Assists in one or more phases of the research process by performing a variety of molecular biological protocols in a laboratory in support of molecular biological research.
- Catalogs molecular biological data and other information from various sources.
- Performs routine molecular biological experiments following standard protocols using a variety of specialized equipment including thermocyclers and gel electrophoresis.
- Tabulates, statistically analyzes molecular biological data using personal computers and specialized software.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549660400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.