This position is located at the VA West Los Angeles Healthcare Center, a level 1a, high complexity facility with over 300 Social Work Staff at 13 locations, and is a facility that continues to grow. The Director of Social Work Quality Management, Data Management, and Social Work Research has full responsibility for ensuring that over 300 Social Work Staff in Social Work Service, Community Engagement and Reintegration Services (CERS), and Mental Health Service at VA Greater Los Angeles.Learn more about this agency
Major duties includes but are not limited to:
- Leadership and management planning, organizing, coordinating, and controlling overall operations of quality management activities and continuous survey readiness for GLA social workers, promotion and support of systems and processes to achieve high quality, accessible, safe, cost effective services to Veterans within the Social Work program;
- Oversee the daily operation of the program, develop policies and procedures for program operations and prepares reports and statistics for Social Work Service to assess data and developing and implementing ideas for positive change;
- Provides analysis trends and needs to enhance the quality of service;
- Responsible for the contributing to the program's resources and fiscal management, monitoring control points developing annual budget, operating within this budget, and accounting for appropriate funds.
- Responsible for coordinating effort with GLA Quality Management Team in conjunction with Social Work to ensure aligned priorities and processes;
- Provides leadership, direction, orientation, coaching, in-service training, staff development, and continued education programs pertaining to quality management for all GLA social work staff
- Assist in reviewing/completing clinical appeals for GLA Caregiver Support Program, and completing Social Work Transplant Assessments for Veterans undergoing transplant process at the medical center;
- Travel is required and expected to various VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System sites for educational purposes and for monitoring of quality assurance for social work staff.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 08:00am - 4:30pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
RELOCATION INCENTIVES: Not Authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549613300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.