The incumbent serves as a Team Leader performing data science work that requires application of data mining techniques, statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with public health surveillance systems and programs at the local, state and national levels that are structured or unstructured for: analysis; improved understanding and communication; development/visualization.Learn more about this agency
As a Lead Mathematical Statistician (Data Scientist)(Direct Hire), you will:
- Design experiments, tests hypotheses, and builds scalable data science models.
- Conduct advanced data analysis and designs complex algorithms using artificial intelligence (e.g., machine learning) methods.
- Work with IT security experts to ensure that the information used is in compliance with the regulatory and security policies in place.
- Assist in preparing comprehensive reports that include discussion of substantive issues related to data science methodology for public health surveillance and related applications.
- Support the preparation of scientific articles, technical reports, and data files for publication or other public dissemination.
- Produce static and interactive data visualizations to communicate findings to internal and external audiences.
- Prepares materials for presentations to other scientific staff and to federal, state, and local health program managers; and other health officials and health-related organizations.
- All other duties assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel Domestic 10 % for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549612500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.