About the Position:Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Military Academy, West Point, NY is an academic institution located in the Hudson River Valley, 50 miles from New York City. The historic site is the oldest continuously occupied military post in America. West Point is a self contained city with housing, a Department of Public Works, libraries, hospital, fire department, chapels, and restaurants. Employees have access to Eisenhower Hall Theater, Hudson Valley's performing arts center, and recreational facilities.
- Perform librarian duties in the area of public services (e.g. virtual or place-based services, information literacy or instruction, cadet services, archives and special collections, exhibits, user experience, or related areas).
- Work with faculty to design and promote information literacy initiatives within the curriculum.
- Identify trends in faculty and cadet use of library services and resources in order to design and deliver instruction and support.
- Provide support to cadets and faculty through library public service points.
- Recommend selection of materials, including monographs, journals and other digital or multimedia materials.
- Review approval plan notices, faculty requests, scholarly journals, bibliographies, advertisements, publishers and dealer catalogs to keep abreast of current and retrospective resources in the subject area.
- Assess quality and physical condition of the subject collections, making decisions on the replacement, transfer, withdrawal, or preservation of individual titles.
- Investigate and assess databases and other electronic products available from publishers in assigned subject areas and recommend purchase or license as appropriate.
- Assist in developing collection development and library academic support policies for assigned subject areas in consultation with faculty and collection development staff.
- Identify new technologies and resources available to meet the needs of patrons. Collaborate with other library staff to determine the feasibility of adopting identified process improvements.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549568800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.