This position is located in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Midwest Area (MWA), located in Peoria, IL.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent of this position will administer the location's financial management activities which encompass numerous accounting codes and subaccounts, different sources of funds, and unusual financial arrangements.
- Implement financial management procedures and formats to best support customer needs.
- Use an allocation tracking system to adjust funding/financial plans for terminated and replacement systems.
- Review and supply budgetary data for fund holders for annual budget preparation documents, based on historical data and recurring costs.
- Prepare detailed monthly financial status reports, by major object class code, for each account serviced for current and prior years, reflecting fund availability and obligations to date and balance remaining.
- Forecast cost estimates for recurring charges (e.g., cost of utilities, rentals, and travel) and makes adjustments as spending occurs.
Occasional travel - Minimal travel may be required for training purposes.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549558900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.