The position description number for this position is 7C1040. A summary of the major duties are listed below. You may also view the full position description on the Agency intranet at the following link: PD SearchLearn more about this agency
The incumbent leads a team of auditors and program analysts (GS-13 and lower grades) in completing complex evaluations, reviews, and audits of the Social Security Administration's (SSA) programs and operations
- Leads the team in identifying existing data resources, coordinating research areas and reviewing relevant legislation, regulations, SSA policies and other internal and external reports to accomplish project objectives.
- Develops comprehensive plans to accomplish complex projects in accordance with applicable standards, and procedures. Sets standards for the completion of projects, required and the scope and depth of research and analysis
- Communicates project objectives/plans to audit team and OIG executives at team meetings; and to Agency staff at entrance conferences.
- Distributes and balances workload among the team members in accordance with work flow, skill level or job specialization, making adjustments in accordance with established priorities to ensure timely completion
- Monitors the status of work and reports to the Division Director on team and individual work accomplishments, concerns, progress in completing tasks and meeting established milestones, and individual and team training needs.
- Prepares written reports, memos and other documents to summarize the results of reviews and to present recommendations. Develops special reports as projects progress when significant issues are identified that require immediate corrective action
- Presents the results of projects and addresses questions or concerns during team meetings and briefings with OIG executives and during exit conferences with Agency staff
- Reviews completed work and written products to ensure that instructions, priorities, deadlines, and quality standards are met. Identifies work products that do not meet established standards, referring unusual situations to the Division Director.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549558000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.