The Aircraft Certification Service (AIR) develops safety standards, policies, and guidance that govern the design, production, and airworthiness of aircraft, engines, and propellers.Learn more about this agency
The Director, Organizational Performance provides executive oversight in three key areas; i.e., strategic and business planning, organizational health monitoring and quality management systems. The Director administers an $8M budget in the execution of duties through a team of approximately 60 employees.
- Monitors and assesses the overall internal health of AIR and provides strategic leadership for planning and change management within the organization.
- Tracks and evaluates AIR's safety-risk performance to facilitate product safety decisions for the National Air Space and Global Aviation System.
- Develops tools that monitor key performance metrics, analyzes organizational performance and risk information across products and operations, and identifies organizational effectiveness with respect to safety.
- Oversees the AIR QMS and ensures the organization is meeting its safety requirements and continuously improving its processes. In AVS, our QMS is focused on safety.
- Leads large-scale change management efforts across AIR that may affect regulations, policies, and practices in order to create an AIR organization that operates efficiently, with innovation and is focused on achieving its mission, as well as the goals of a full state safety program the International Civil Aviation Organization requires.
- Creates and maintains a professional network by collaborating with other FAA lines of business, other Department of Transportation modals and Federal agencies; international aviation authorities, and aviation industry representatives to address issues impacting aviation safety.
- Manages human, financial, and other resources in accordance with laws, regulations, and public policy in order to achieve intended program results efficiently, economically, and effectively.
25% or less - The job may require up to 25% travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549526400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.