THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a WG-8852-12 AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1063000 in SPMD 4623 and is part of the MO Army Aviation Flight Activity Springfield.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a bargaining unit position.
AMENDED TO CHANGE WHO MAY APPLY TO READ AS STATED ABOVE.
- Manages, monitors or performs overall maintenance, servicing, inspections and documentation for one or more highly technical, high performance military aircraft.
- Performs work in complex conditions under time and/or mission constraints to include all weather and night operations.
- Works with, coordinates and oversees the work of lower graded aircraft mechanics and certifies the work of journey level workers in other trades working on the assigned aircraft.
- Ensures Unit Level Logistics-Aviation (ULLS-A) and other aircraft documentation accurately reflects status and airworthiness of assigned aircraft.
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to flight crews regarding observed discrepancies, experienced in-flight characteristics and system malfunctions.
- Performs or assists in aircrew debriefing.
- Plans, develops and conducts proficiency training during the technician work week to a multi-faceted workforce comprised of Full Time Support (FTS) and supported unit personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549462600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.