As one of the ten major agencies of the United States Department of Transportation (DOT), the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) provides vital services to the nation's dynamic multimodal transportation system.
You will serve as a General Engineer on all technical aspects of liquefied natural gas (LNG) facilities, process safety, and safety regulatory initiatives.Learn more about this agency
As a General Engineer within PHMSA’s Engineering and Research Division, you will perform the following duties:
- Proactively develop, communicate, and apply advanced engineering solutions to complex problems.
- Evaluate the adequacy of LNG operators' risk control actions and analyze data to determine safety issues.
- Clearly communicate both verbally and in writing when presenting technical information to various audiences.
- Support and identify continuous improvements and changes to the Division’s policies, procedures, and processes
- Promote a work culture that encourages teamwork and a willingness to learn to advance pipeline and LNG safety.
This position is perfect for an experienced liquefied natural gas (LNG) or facility safety engineer who is looking for challenging assignments. You will possess a Bachelor of Science or advanced degree(s) from an ABET accredited institution in mechanical, chemical, civil, fire protection, or petroleum engineering. Additionally, you will have knowledge through education or training in fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, process safety, and/or materials science, as well a minimum of three years of experience in engineering design principles and applicable industry codes and standards.
25% or less - This position requires occasional travel up to 25% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549383600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.