This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs, National Cemetery Administration (NCA), Office of Management, Human Capital Management, Policy and Programs Division in Washington, DC. This position serves as a Management and Program Analyst responsible for planning, analyzing, leading, and/or managing programs, special projects and implementing human resource management initiatives designed to meet the needs of assigned VA and/or NCA leaders, managers, and employees.Learn more about this agency
- Initiate special projects, programs, and studies and serves as a team member for the development of studies, reports, and publications for presentation to senior managers within NCA and VA. These special projects and studies will relate to an array of human capital management programs to include awards and recognition, workforce planning, performance management, employee relations, employee benefits, and quality of work life programs.
- Analyze and/or evaluate analytical studies or White Papers involving major line and staff functions for their assigned customer.
- Monitor implementation of initiatives to ensure appropriate changes are made to programs, plans and policies and to adjust as new policies are implemented. Monitor appropriate metrics to assess results. Resolve a variety of conflicts related to policies and processes among organizational issues.
- Provide policy interpretations, proposes and recommends the definition or clarification of policy statements, and assist with the implementation of programs and policies.
- Prepare and delivers presentations to VA/NCA leaders and managers to communicate proposed policy changes, new initiatives and/or programs designed to address organizational needs.
- Maintain a strong commitment to meet customer needs and maintain a close working relationship with employees in the other functional areas and coordinate technical advice/assistance with them when the issue or question crosses division/functional areas.
Work schedule: Required to work Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: May be available per agency policy
Telework: May be available per agency policy
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: Management & Program Analyst/120214
The full performance level of this position is GS-13. At the GS-12 level, you will perform similar duties but under closer supervision.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Relocation Expenses: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549305100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.